Saturday, September 19, 2009

Stewardship- Blessings


I went to my favorite Christian book store here in my hometown. It might have to close down because of slow business. Oh No! I want to do all I can to help her (Bambi) "Blessings" is the name of the store and it is awesome. The prices are VERY reasonable. Very!! It has a great selection of items, and there is something for everyone. The ambiance is so welcoming and I just hate to see it leave. I myself had not been there in awhile I hate to admit. But no longer. Besides My card Ministry along with my Interceding Ministry needs this store.

How many times has your stores closed? The ones you shop at? My store Fashion Bug was in San Marcos and they closed. Now I have to go to Austin to do my shopping. They have an online store but I like to try on and see what they feel and look like.

I am so glad that Our Lord Jesus Christ is faithful. We never have to worry about Him closing up shop. He is faithful to us whether we go to Him or not, Whether we seek His goods in His store house for what we need and want or if we seek elsewhere for them.
God has called us to be good stewards of His money and gifts He has given us. We will give account of our stewardship.
Luke 16: 1, 2
1He also said to His disciples: " There was a certain rich man who had a steward, and an accusation was brought to him that this man was wasting his goods. 2So he called and said to him, "What is this I hear about you? Give an account of your stewardship, for you can no longer be a steward."
He was wasting his masters goods. Are you wasting your masters goods? I think I was.
God is the Creator and Owner of all things. All that is we have in our possession comes as a gift from His hands. (Acts 17:25) Our Master Jesus Christ will ultimately require an accounting of each persons stewardship (2 Cor. 5:10)
We Christian can prepare for that day of accountability by taking seriously our stewardship responsibilities. Whether the managed resource is time, talent or money, we stewards should avoid wasting, and make sure we maximise the return and above all else assure that the investment is pleasing to God.
Time should be used wisely; talents should be shared to edify others and glorify God; money should be spent carefully and given responsibly.
So there, I will spend my money at places that help further the Kingdom of God. And that will be my Christian book store in Seguin TX. "BLESSINGS" If you live in the nearby area, go and visit. you are sure to be blessed. And don't forget to tell them "Felcares Ministry" sent you. I am not getting anything by sending you. I just want her to know that I am trying all I can to spread the word about her shop. I will benefit though by the shop staying here.
Please pray for this store, and that God will continue to keep it open for His Honor, Glory and Praise.

No comments: